 Robotics / 14836
14835  |  14837
Subject:
Delayed BrickBots contest results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:37:21 GMT

Hi Folks,

Two BrickBots.Com contests ended last week, and here is a rundown of the
results.

First, the Top Spinning Challenge - Get as many tops spinning simultaneously
for as long as possible.
http://brickbots.com/pastview.asp?cid=27

Winner: Tip Top Top Tipper
Score: 27 points!
http://brickbots.com/entryview.asp?eid=43
A wonderful design that can get a lot of tops spinning quickly.  Very
interesting magazine/launching mechanism.

Second, the devilishly difficult Inverted Pendulum Balancer
http://brickbots.com/pastview.asp?cid=24

Winner: None!  Well, not in the classic sense.
Please see the link above for a list of the two entries submitted.  Neither
actually balanced the pendulum for long, but the ideas explored were of
great benefit (At least for me as one of the builders!).  A fun challeng,
and one that actually can be met.  Here is a link that was forwarded to me,
it is a *working* lego based inverted pendulum.  Look and wonder...
http://www.bea.hi-ho.ne.jp/meeco/misc/misce.html

There are two proposed contests up for review.  Feel free to stop by and
comment, or suggest new contests to challenge your fellow builders!

Thanks,

Rich

rich at brickbots dot com