 Robotics / 14842
Re: List software?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 03:51:14 GMT

Steve Baker writes:
> Chris 'Xenon' Hanson wrote:
>
> >    I can't enumerate the number of time's (like just a moment ago)
> > that I replied directly to the sender, not to the list, forgetting
> > to change the To line.
>
> What ends up happening is that people *don't* politely edit the 'To:'
> lines - instead they hit "Reply All" and you end up with duplicate
> emails all over the place.  Those of us with clunky old modems and
> poor telephony (19200bd on a *good* day) actually *care* about that!

The problem is not the list software.  The problem is your email
software.  You need a "Reply to Recipient" command.  If your software
has such a command, use it.  If your software doesn't have one,
fix it yourself.  If you're stuck using software you can't change, ask
the author to fix it.

--
-russ nelson will be speaking at http://www.osdn.com/conferences/brie/
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | T-568-B rules!