 Robotics / 14637
Re: More juice out of the standard motors.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:02:17 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, sjbaker1@airmail.net writes:
The original supplicant wanted to use rotation sensors - so I guess direct
drive is out. I guess you can use an axle extender and use the sensor as
a bearing - but you won't get a very precise position reading if you can
only sense position accurate to 1/16th of a wheel rotation.  I generally
want to gear up the rotation sensor so it rotates faster than the wheels.

if there's enough space around you can add the rotation sensor on an
auxiliary axle with an 8t gear, and an 24t gear on the direct drive axle.

best,

yaco\