 Robotics / 14638
14637  |  14639
Subject:
BrickBots.Com Contests Extended - Balancing a Pendulum is HARD!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:02:12 GMT

Hi Folks,

I have decided to extend the current contest (Top Spinning and Inverted
Pendulum Balancing) at BrickBots.Com for two more weeks.

The top spinning contest had one entry during the original timeframe, and a
great one at that!  You can see Andrew's Tip Top Top Tipper at:
http://brickbots.com/entryview.asp?eid=43

I have been working on the Inverted Pendulum Balancing with very limited
success.  Perhaps the combination of RCX and Lego pieces are not up to the
challenge?  I will be posting my half finished attempt later today, but it
performs about the same with the RCX on or off :-)  The speed of the motors
and the reaction time/resolution of the robot as I have it setup does not
seem to be enough...

Has anyone else had any success?  Can anyone who built one of these in
college provide thier opinion on the feasability with the RCX/Legos?

Thanks,