 Robotics / 14510
  Re: DDK - What use are they / lower prices seen

(...) You can have some fun with the Micro Scout if you have the Scout from Robotics Discovery Set (9735). Some of the Scout's built-in programs emit Visible Light Link codes from its LED (output port 3) to trigger built-in programs in the Micro (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vll, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: DDK - What use are they / lower prices seen

(...) These are (far better) comments than I was going to make wrt to scout and micro-scout. Essentially, the scout and micro-scout allow you to experiment with team and cooperative robotics--as Miles said: "a higher level". I bought my 7.5 YO son a (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc

----- Original Message ----- From: "Miles Gentry" To: <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> Subject: Re: DDK - What use are they / lower prices seen> To go to an even higher level, after you get the new NQC, then get RCX2 (...) On the download page it says: (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc

Hi Alan, you *can* use RcxCC with the new firmware. RcxCC has not been updated so in its native mode it doesn't support the new version of NQC. But for effect of downward compatibility it has no problems in communicating to the new firmware through (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc

(...) Like Mario Ferrari said, RCXCC works fine with the new firmware and NQC 2.2 and 2.3. You just need to make some changes to the autoexec.bat. If you also make changes to the registry you will get RCXCC to show all the new commands in color and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc

(...) 2.2 (...) problems. (...) Mario (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc

I am responding to both Mario and Gus in this one post. I am trying to update my RCXcc so it can use the newer versions of NQC and RCX2 under Windows ME. Mario writes (...) must (...) Uh, I am using Windows ME, so I went to Control Panel and then (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc

Windows 98: From "run" type "sysedit", this will open several files for editing. The top file is Autoexec.bat Type SET OPTIONS_NQC=-Tcrx2 and save the file. I don't know if this is good in Win ME -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) Carmack" (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc

Hi Alan, Try sysedit like Robert Fay suggested. But I think that you will need to make sure RCX2 is all uppercase. In otherwords, add the line: SET NQC_OPTIONS=-TRCX2 The other line that I have in my autoexec.bat that is related to NQC is: SET (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc

(...) How about the "protection function" on ME? A friend of mine tried to set his keyboard layout in autoexec.bat, but every time he rebooted, ME put back the original autoexec.bat. I believe this "feature" is meant to prevent users to mess around (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc

(...) back (...) that (...) I had no problems editing autoexec.bat using notepad, saving it to C:, rebooting and checking that the autoexec.bat file was as I had edited it. Alan C (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)