 Robotics / 13684
Re: Help! I think I nuked my IR transmitter!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 04:54:37 GMT

I've put my battery in the IR Tower the wrong way, and it didn't seem to
hurt anything. I know it took me a great deal of fiddling in the Control
Panel before I got the serial port working correctly on my computer. To be
honest, I really don't remember what I did to get things on track. If you
really have trouble getting the Tower up and running, try to get access to
another computer and install the IR Tower and software and see if it works.

In lugnet.robotics, John Phillips writes:
Hello All, I'm new to all this so please forgive me if I breach any format
or protocal. I'm having some trouble with downloading my Mindstrorms 1.0
RCX. Every time I try a message says IR trans. not working. I tried all the
suggestions it gave and when I checked the battery in was in backwards! I
couldn't believe it, I must of been half asleep when I put it in. Could
this haven fried the transmitter and or the computer port?