 Robotics / 13682
Re: Help! I think I nuked my IR transmitter!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 23:39:53 GMT

John Phillips wrote:

Hello All, I'm new to all this so please forgive me if I breach any format
or protocal. I'm having some trouble with downloading my Mindstrorms 1.0
RCX. Every time I try a message says IR trans. not working. I tried all the
suggestions it gave and when I checked the battery in was in backwards! I
couldn't believe it, I must of been half asleep when I put it in. Could
this haven fried the transmitter and or the computer port?

When you reboot your computer, does the green light on the tower light up? If
not, make sure you have your Serial ports turned on in Windows and the Bios.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html