 Robotics / 13679
Re: Help! I think I nuked my IR transmitter!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 15:43:32 GMT

"John Phillips" <buckwheatphillips@msn.com> wrote in message

Hello All, I'm new to all this so please forgive me if I breach any format
or protocal. I'm having some trouble with downloading my Mindstrorms 1.0
RCX. Every time I try a message says IR trans. not working. I tried all • the
suggestions it gave and when I checked the battery in was in backwards! I
couldn't believe it, I must of been half asleep when I put it in. Could
this haven fried the transmitter and or the computer port?

John,

I think you're OK. The 9V terminals inside of the IR Tower are different
sizes - one small hole, and one large one (in the plastic casing), so that
the terminals of the battery won't make contact with the metal contacts
inside the circuitry, unless the battery is placed in correctly. You should
be ok!

When you put the battery back in the proper way, did it work OK?

    Iain