 Robotics / 13116
Re: X-10 camera interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 22:57:51 GMT

If I were Lego and I was looking to avoid people pirating my software,
I'd tie it to my own hardware! An awful lot of people have USB webcams.
And the Lego software is quite clever, even if in its current form it cannot
be used in conjunction with nqc. ( I am totally confident that that is just
a matter of time - my Lego cam is collecting dust waiting :)

So did I miss a posting, or are we all still waiting for a breakthrough ...

JB

... who ensures that the software made by the company he works for is
firmly tied to its own hardware!

Rainer Balzerowski wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Dean Husby writes:
And no, no other camera can use the VC software...

I didn't try it yet (because i have none) but the Logitech Quickcam could
(should) work with the VC software because the other way it works.
meaning the lego camera works fine with the logitech SDK.

Has anybody tries this ????????

I'm very< intrested in that

Rainer

I have a feeling Lego put in a "Ident Chip" that tells what it is. That's why
it comes up as a Lego Camera in the USB settings. It may fall back to Logitec
mode but I don't know if it works the other way around.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html