 Robotics / 13126
13125  |  13127
Subject:
Linux & VC (was: X-10 camera interface)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:35:13 GMT

Juergen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> writes:

Dean Husby <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> writes:
Rainer Balzerowski wrote:

I have a feeling Lego put in a "Ident Chip" that tells what it is.

This is standard for USB devices, there are codes and strings for
vendor and device, and a code for the device class.

You are right, the QuickCam Express and the Lego camera have
identical vendor IDs (0x046d), but the Product IDs are different
(0x0840 for the qce and 0x0850 for the Lego camera). The software
can easily check for the right camera ;-)

Not if the LEGO Software looks for the LEGO id.

Jürgen "waiting for a free open source equivalent for Linux"

I'm on-and-off experimenting with my Vision Command camera
and Georg Achers drivers; just tonight I downloaded his latest
sources, modified them a little bit (to allow for the different
product ID) and discovered that the VC has a PhotoBit chip...
Have a look over at <URL:http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/>.

Regards,
Hakan

--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"