 Robotics / 13133
Re: Linux & VC (was: X-10 camera interface)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:11:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Hakan Tandogan writes:
"Luis Villa" <liv@duke.edu> writes:

In lugnet.robotics, Hakan Tandogan writes:
Juergen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> writes:
Not if the LEGO Software looks for the LEGO id.

Jürgen "waiting for a free open source equivalent for Linux"

I'm on-and-off experimenting with my Vision Command camera
and Georg Achers drivers; just tonight I downloaded his latest
sources, modified them a little bit (to allow for the different
product ID) and discovered that the VC has a PhotoBit chip...
Have a look over at <URL:http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/>.
So, as I read it, there is no support for this particular chip yet, right? And
won't be for the foreseeable future?

No, not now... But then again, that kind up support tends
to materialize quite quickly if you provide the developer with the
necessary hardware. Which I plan to do ASAP ;-)

Yes, it does. I was hoping someone would step up for it :)
Luis (happily watching Linux slowly creep towards world domination)