 Robotics / 10992
10991  |  10993
Subject:
Generating power; was: Re: What to purchase first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 05:20:23 GMT

PS: Put wheels on two gear motors, connect them with a cable,
and turn one wheel.  Remarkable, isn't it?
I built a model using this principle.  It's hard to describe how much fun • it
is to play with it!
http://www.rdrop.com/~dougw/lego/cranker.html

I couldn't believe it at first, but I built a similar model, and it's
insidiously fun!

It's amazing that the motor, with its internal flywheel, designed for power
efficiency, is such a great generator.  I hooked two motors plus the light
sensor up to a single motor with a crank arm and I can get the LED on the
light sensor plus the two motors to turn nearly a full revolution with just
a single crank on the power-source motor.  Good stuff.

--Sean