 Robotics / 10972
Re: Worm gear box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 04:56:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, hern@nidlink.com writes:
I believe I've seen a gearbox housing that holds a worm gear set more
efficiently than building one up with beams and blocks.

Does anyone know the part number of this gearbox housing, and where you
can order it?   Or, what kit has the most of them in it?

Thanks,

John.

John A. Hern Jr.     1900 Millview     Coeur d'Alene, Idaho  83814
mailto:hern@nidlink.com          Dipl.Ing. Mechanical Engineer
Foundry: http://www.nidlink.com/~fouronkey
Greyhounds: http://www.greyhoundpetsinc.org
Personal: http://www.nidlink.com/~hern

The type II gear box is part number 6589, which is 4X4X2 with a 24t gear and
a 5t worm gear. It comes with sets 8235 Front end loader, 8280 Fire engine, and
8222 VTOL. It may also be available in a service pack, but I cannot find any
references on this.