 Robotics / 10647
Re: Inexpensive air tank found at WalMart!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:45:23 GMT

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:57:53 GMT, "Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com>
wrote:

John Jensen wrote...

Thanks John. Here's the URL in case some new folks don't know where the
design is...

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/compressor/index.html>

There is a regulator I designed using the polarity switch at...

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pressureswitch/index.html>

Now I'm ranting again:)
Btw. The codepilot is brilliant for compressors:)

Ahhh. I just got the BarCode Truck in the mail a few weeks ago. Now I'll
have to figure out how to use it. Maybe it could run for 30 seconds with
the motor sound, then pause with an airbrake sound, then start again :-)

Ahh yes:) But the CodePilot does more than make noises, I have a
regulator implemented with a small cylinder with rubberbands (for
retraction) which touches one of the switches, when pressurised
enough, when that happens I let the compressor run for 5-10 seconds
depending on the compressor, shut it down, and wait for the switch to
be released.
Offcourse you could make all sorts of noice with the CP meanwhile:)

btw. The CP is imho vastly underestimated, I've seen constructions
done with the RCX, that could be done just as well with the CP. If you
can predict a pattern, and doesn't need more than one sensor (are
theese sensors the same as the ones for the RCX?) and one motor, you
can do it with the CP.

Just got an idea regarding the motor sound, most of my compressors
tend to slow down a little when reaching max pressure (:)), now take a
look at the truck, which uses the reader and that funny white "spoked"
wheel to determine the pitch of the motor sound .. hmmm

Regards
John Jensen