 Robotics / 10637
Re: Inexpensive air tank found at WalMart!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:58:03 GMT

I guess I jumped around a little in my analogy...

In lugnet.robotics, John Jensen writes:
In lugnet.robotics, David C. Pyatt writes:
  Think about using a hand tire pump to inflate a tire/tyre... it only has
the capacity of the cylinder you are pumping... compare that to running a
pnematic pump with no tank... you could never pump
(A HAND PUMP)
fast enought to keep up
with an air chisel... • ...
My point is the larger the airtank is, the more you'll have to pump for volume
instead of pressure.
Agreed...

I'm up for small tanks and very high pressure.
What do you think of a bladder-filled air tank similar to a water tank?  Would
it have any advantages?

Dave