 Robotics / 10638
RE: Inexpensive air tank found at WalMart!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:57:53 GMT

John Jensen wrote...

Finally, my view on pressure overloads:
It looks like the compressor Ralph Hempel designed is rather popular, and it
is a good design, except that it isn't full stroke (I like full stroke
compressors).

Thanks John. Here's the URL in case some new folks don't know where the
design is...

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/compressor/index.html>

But this compressor has one very big advantage, it doesn't need safety
devices: It can go on forever without blowing up:) meaning you can save the
space for a safety valve (the only reason to use on here would be to conserve
power in the batteries:))

There is a regulator I designed using the polarity switch at...

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pressureswitch/index.html>

Now I'm ranting again:)
Btw. The codepilot is brilliant for compressors:)

Ahhh. I just got the BarCode Truck in the mail a few weeks ago. Now I'll
have to figure out how to use it. Maybe it could run for 30 seconds with
the motor sound, then pause with an airbrake sound, then start again :-)

Keep watching this space for new RCX/pneumatic control info in the next few
weeks!

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/servos/index.html>

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng