 Robotics / 10657
10656  |  10658
Subject:
Codepilot (Re: Inexpensive air tank found at WalMart!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:52:32 GMT

John Jensen <skurt@vip.cybercity.dk> writes:

btw. The CP is imho vastly underestimated, I've seen constructions
done with the RCX, that could be done just as well with the CP. If you
can predict a pattern, and doesn't need more than one sensor (are
theese sensors the same as the ones for the RCX?

Yes.

) and one motor, you can do it with the CP.

Has anybody tried putting a touch sensor on an input
of the code pilot and an input of the RCX simultanously?

I have a light scanner that consists of a light sensor,
a motor and a touch sensor for the rear position.
The motor alternately turns left and right until
the sensor is touched, while the RCX watches the light
sensor and uses timing to find the position of lights
(I have no rotation sensors yet).
The code pilot probably could drive the motor, saving
one output on the RCX.  But the RCX still needs to get
input from the touch sensor for timing.  Distinguishing
left and right could also be a problem, maybe a small
wait could do.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@mpi-sb.mpg.de>