 Publishing / 853
  New Mavica-competitor from Panasonic on the way

(URL) Always wanted Sony to get off its butt and do this, but I'll take one from Panasonic at $899. Digital Camera (only 1.3 megapixels, but oh well) that uses the 120mb SuperDisk (and also can use floppies evidently). The only downside the article (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Mavica-competitor from Panasonic on the way

(...) I wish Canon would make a digital version of their Rebel-X series cameras. I'd like to see it use EF lenses at a good price, USB support, and a good resolution. It seems like all it would involve is taking one of the consumer digital cameras, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Mavica-competitor from Panasonic on the way

Maybe I am all mixed up, but I thought Sony was trying to get away from the bulkiness of floppy disks. There latest Cyber-shot camera uses a memory stick (which is currently available with up to 64MB and is a third the size of a floppy). Seems like (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Mavica-competitor from Panasonic on the way

(...) How fast does it transfer data via USB? 120mb is a lot to move. (...) I'm really happy with my new coolpix 950. It uses compact flash, which currently goes up to 160mb. (And unlike smartmedia, you don't need to upgrade your camera to use new (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Mavica-competitor from Panasonic on the way

(...) Of those, I'd take the Kodak -- I've really hated every olympus digital camera I've played with. But I gotta say (and I'm not biased, having just purchased one *grin*) the Nikon 950 is far and away my favorite. Good digital camera review (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn7ti6kh.8sh.....bu.edu... (...) Dunno, but with an AC adapter it wouldn't really matter to me. And 120mb wouldn't take that long if it were transferred at anything approaching the maximum (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Mavica-competitor from Panasonic on the way

(...) Hmm. I swear I saw that 160mb card just the other day, but can't find anyone selling it now. (I'll look more later...) The 128MB cards cost about $300. Maybe the thing to do is buy several. :) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)