 Publishing / 858
Re: New Mavica-competitor from Panasonic on the way
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:49:52 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
drive for your computer (about $200) but that seems like a non-issue
since the camera comes with a USB cable.  Why bother with a drive?

How fast does it transfer data via USB? 120mb is a lot to move.

Now I'm going to have to do some serious thinking.  Go with this and
have ultra cheap 120mb disks to use, or keep waiting for a 2+
megapixel camera that comes with IBM's new Micro-drive?

I'm really happy with my new coolpix 950. It uses compact flash, which
currently goes up to 160mb. (And unlike smartmedia, you don't need to
upgrade your camera to use new bigger sizes when they come out.) And really,
I'm able to get 60 high-quality 1600x1200 pictures on my 32MB card; more
than twice that at 1024x768.