 Publishing / 853
852  |  854
Subject:
New Mavica-competitor from Panasonic on the way
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:59:18 GMT

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-114754.html?tag=st.cn.1fd2.lthd.1006-200-114757

Wheeee!  Always wanted Sony to get off its butt and do this, but I'll
take one from Panasonic at $899.

Digital Camera (only 1.3 megapixels, but oh well) that uses the 120mb
SuperDisk (and also can use floppies evidently).

The only downside the article mentions is the cost of a SuperDisk
drive for your computer (about $200) but that seems like a non-issue
since the camera comes with a USB cable.  Why bother with a drive?

Now I'm going to have to do some serious thinking.  Go with this and
have ultra cheap 120mb disks to use, or keep waiting for a 2+
megapixel camera that comes with IBM's new Micro-drive?

The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/