 Publishing / 854
Re: New Mavica-competitor from Panasonic on the way
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 05:45:43 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-114754.html?tag=st.cn.1fd2.lthd.1006-200-114757

Wheeee!  Always wanted Sony to get off its butt and do this, but I'll
take one from Panasonic at $899.

I wish Canon would make a digital version of their Rebel-X series cameras.  I'd
like to see it use EF lenses at a good price, USB support, and a good
resolution.  It seems like all it would involve is taking one of the consumer
digital cameras, adding the lens mount and electronics to drive the EF lenses,
and tada!  :-)

Reason:  My wife has a Rebel-X and lots of cool lenses (macro, 400mm, 1.5x
teleconverter, etc).  They may not be the best, but we can't beat them for the
price.