 Publishing / 4436
Re: Announcing DeepSpace.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:47:01 GMT

XFUT .publish

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
Now, my surfing
machine has Netscape 4.72 on Mac OS 8.6 (livin' in the past, so sue me ;-) so I
don't always expect a smooth experience on the web. The majority of sites work
for me, and I hope that yours can be one of them.

Netscape 4.7x is one of the worst compatibility nightmares for website
designers.  The problem is that it tries to support CSS (cascading style
sheets), but it doesn't render them correctly.  This leads to overlapping images
and other problems.  If you turn off style sheets (in the preferences), pages
that use CSS might become uglier, but they should at least be legible.  I
sincerely suggest that you upgrade to a more recent browser, like Mozilla,
Netscape 7, or Internet Explorer .
--Bram