 Space / 30302
Re: Announcing DeepSpace.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:39:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Zac Soden wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:

Stop it.

You know better.

Now, granted I probably won’t bump again, but why would you say that?

Your preceding message indicates that you’re well aware that bumping posts is unacceptable.

I had hoped that you were more mature than some of the kids around here.

Please don’t prove me wrong.

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator

Sorry Mark, but I just can’t leave this thread without saying something.

I’m not one to go stirring up potential arguements but I too wondered if anyone had actually noticed the post - the only indication of its function is the hit counters on out site. I feel that JHK has done nothing really wrong and certainly nothing ‘unacceptable’.

Guys, you have to be patient and establish the idea in the minds of the group. Honestly, a post that announces #1 a new site #2 a MOC #3 a new MOC #4 a new MOC and #5 a new MOC can be overload. The people just file the idea away and look for another post by the builder to say “Hey, you been doing good work with the site and all...” So then build more MOCs, put them on your site, put a gentle reminder of the idea of your site in the post about it, and let people enjoy your creativity. (Hey, you’ve done a million times more work than my lazy but has put into my site so keep it up)

   The post was not an immature “look at me and my 5 second model”. It was our new site announcement with some big MOCs on it and he was craving some feedback on his technique. It was really a “Please give us some comments on our collection of new models that we spent a lot of time designing”. Have a look at the responses to many of his MOCs - they have usually gleaned some great praise, critique and general feedback.

Correct, it wasn’t that. But, it was a bump. It’s just not kosher in .space. IF you’re proud of your own work (and you well should be) and IF you enjoy what you do (and that’s the point) and IF you want your new idea to prosper, then keep on developing and posting. It will catch on! Don’t bump and old post, post what you’re doing with it next. THEN spacers will catch your vision.

   JHK is one of the most mature kids that I’ve worked with on the net, and he’s several years younger than I. Besides, it was a one off thing. And seriously, I don’t feel that some people can really talk about maturity when much of their recent posting contains mindless garbage about 3vil (like that’s any more of a good use of space than a small bump post).

I agree about JHK, he’s a great guy and excellent builder.

   In short, I found your post a little on the harsh side; you could have said something in a much more easy-going and nicer manner. I hope that you can take that in your stride to grow as a good curator.

So you return with harshness? Not so great an idea. Are you saying everyone who has put 3vil in their post of late has put mindless garbage in? If so, thanks, I appreciate it... OR, maybe that’s what you gotta learn about posting and developing ideas. Keep posting, keep linking to your site, keep the idea up front with subtlety, and people will get it. Bumping is self serving, keeping the idea out there is community serving. Are you in this for what the community gives you or what you give the community? Decide.

   Zac
(lets keep tempers in check guys and get back to buldin’)

Admiral Giddens <><
http://www.classic-space.com
space.