 Space / 30341
Re: "Bumping" Posts (was: Announcing DeepSpace.com)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:51:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:

snip

Your attempt to spin the maturity issue against me and insult my own ideas is pretty weak. If you’d care to go back and look, you’ll note that I usually reply to someone’s MOC and make a comment or else have been posting one of my own MOCs. Having fun with other people in the newsgroup is not an activity considered unacceptable. There’s a big difference between the whimsical roleplay that I engage in with others around here and engaging in behavior that has been established by the community as being unacceptable.

Okey dokey, well we’ve straightened out that bumping posts is not real cool.

I’m sorry that I didn’t explain the maturity thing the right way - I didn’t intend for it to be insulting. I simply meant that I have been reading more posts than I’d care for that didn’t have anything constructive in them but rather just waffled on about 3vil in no specific manner. I’m sorry if I offended anyone with this comment - I wasn’t talking about posts to do with the great models and stuff that you guys are creating into your storyline. And I really didn’t mean to have a harsh tone, either.

In case you hadn’t noticed, many of us in lugnet.space have been enjoying some of the “PCS vs 3vil” storytelling. Are all their posts “mindless garbage” too?

Absolutely not! I enjoy your PCS vs 3vil vs anything else stuff. As I said above I was referring to some more specific stuff.

People usually complain about harshness when they’re called out about doing something inappropriate. This is not the first time someone has been asked not to bump posts. JHK knew his behavior was inappropriate, as he indicated in his original “bump” post.

Actually, I wasn’t called out - I had nothing to do with the bump. I knew that bumping posts wasn’t really good but I didn’t think it this bad. Oh well - now I know. What it comes back to is that I just think that you could have called JHK out in a more polite fashion - he has been with us for a while now and it is pretty uncommon for him to do stuff like that.

Let me reiterate: Don’t bump posts.

Okey Dokey - fair enough. I again apologise if I offended anyone with my previous comments.

Zac