 Publishing / 297
Re: Hassle-free free webspace?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:45:34 GMT

izzy98 wrote in message ...

Quite a few people seem to have Geocities cites, though they can be • annoying
to look at because of their stupid logo and their ads.

I just got a page at Xoom.  11MB storage. Free.  No stupid advertizement
windows popping up.

The only problem I have with Xoom is that it can be inaccessable for long
periods from this side of 'the pond'. I signed up, but I've not used it at
all because I had so many problems connecting - it might just be me, but I
can't be sure. I know a friend in the states has had a few problems
connecting as well.

Personally I use Fortune City - their banners aren't too bad, you can shove
them down the bottom of the page, and there's no pop-ups or anything.
They're not perfect, but at the end of the day these providers aren't here
to give us something for nothing, they're here to make money...

Steve
Llegogogoch-
http://mis.fortunecity.com/lego/
Lego Street Preachers-