 Publishing / 292
Re: Hassle-free free webspace?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 07:06:31 GMT

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 16:55:24 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

In article lugnet.off-topic.test, fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no (Fredrik
Glöckner) writes:
I'm looking for a place to put up some web documents for free.  I only
need very little space, say, .5 Mb.  It is important that the address
can be considered to be relatively constant, and that the page itself
has little commersials and other hassle for the end user.  I also want a
service where I'm not needed to attend it "at all time", I shouldn't
have to send a mail every week, say.

Any suggestions?

Fredrik

Yes.

Neotown still has free sites available in certain areas.  You have to sign up
specifically for those areas.  All other areas switched to a fee-based service.
But there is no advertising or any of that other junk.   I used it for my ULV
page, and it works very well.
Here is a link to a sign up in one of the free areas - MyCorner:
http://www.neotown.com/Main/Join/homeapp.asp?area=<mycorner>
(read the bright blue type)

-- Terry K --