 Publishing / 296
Re: A question: Acceptable image sizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 12:54:00 GMT

Richard Dee (richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net) wrote:
Thought of doing scans of some of the A4-sized insert cats
that I have. What would be a desired image size/file size
by the general population?

It depends on the purpose.

- For printing I want ~2000x3000 pixel images (preferably
   not larger than 300kb).
- For on-line viewing I want ~550x300 pixel images (60kb
   seems reasonable for this purpose).
- Thumbnails should probably not be larger than 1kb and
   100x100 pixels.

I have most of the European Technic catalogues for the 90's,
(only missing 1990), and thought of doing a "Technic through
the 1990's" kind-of-thing.

Why don't you scan the individual model images, instead of
whole pages (your example)?

Play well,

Jacob

PS: Thumbnails wouldn't make sense for whole catalog pages.

           --  E-mail: Jacob.Sparre.Andersen@risoe.dk  --
           --  Web...: <URL:http://hugin.risoe.dk/>    --

LEGO: MOC+++c TO+++(6543) TC+++(8880) AQ+++ BV-- #++ S LS++ A-/+ YB72m