 Publishing / 295
A question: Acceptable image sizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:37:33 GMT

Thought of doing scans of some of the A4-sized insert cats
that I have. What would be a desired image size/file size
by the general population?
The example, listed below, is a 100dpi picture, approximately
600x420? pixels in size, and at 79kb file size (30%
compression).
Why I ask is because there may not be sufficient detail in
order to see effectively the sets pictured. As there are
those here more experienced than I, it is their advice I seek!
Would someone wishing to see such scans, prefer a bigger
picture, i.e. 800x600, perhaps at a more stringent compression,
or even bigger, with more or less compression?
I have most of the European Technic catalogues for the 90's,
(only missing 1990), and thought of doing a "Technic through
the 1990's" kind-of-thing.
Whoops, nearly forgot! Here is the link:
http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/images/97a4tech01.jpg
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/