 Publishing / 314
Re: A question: Acceptable image sizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:34:45 GMT

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 12:54:00 GMT, Jacob Sparre Andersen uttered the following
profundities...
- For printing I want ~2000x3000 pixel images (preferably
   not larger than 300kb). • Not likely! See my limited free web space disappear very quickly!
- For on-line viewing I want ~550x300 pixel images (60kb
   seems reasonable for this purpose).
It would be just for that, and are currently 600x400ish, at
70-80kb. Any more compression and even the set numbers become
difficult to read.
- Thumbnails should probably not be larger than 1kb and
   100x100 pixels.

More likely to do synopses. Too much work doing thumbnails, too.
I have most of the European Technic catalogues for the 90's,
(only missing 1990), and thought of doing a "Technic through
the 1990's" kind-of-thing.

Why don't you scan the individual model images, instead of
whole pages (your example)?
Certainly an excellent idea. And of probably greater use, as
there wouldn't be repeats of models over 3 years. Probably would
reduce overall total image sizes by a 3rd!
Though the idea behind whole catalogue scans (despite the fact
they are appearing on kl.net), would have been to appeal to
fans of catalogues and Technic alike. Though it is all in
thinking-about-it stages at the moment (including, "has it
merit?")
Play well,
Et tu.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/