 Publishing / 2511
Re: Look what I found in the comics section!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 19:15:32 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dave Schuler writes:
They've been well aware of it for at least 26 months.  I don't think they
would suddenly ask that it be shut down, unless they began offering
something equivalent themselves.

I believe that they're aware of it, but have they *stated* that they're
aware of it?  That is, how could such "awareness" be documented at this
point?  Frank mentioned that some LEGO CSR's have referred to the site,
but is that the same as TLC itself "being aware" of it?

I agree completely that they're not likely to pull Kevin's plug anytime
soon, but my question was whether or not there's been any official statement
of policy regarding Brickshelf.

I've never heard an official public statement from anyone at TLC acknowledging
the site's existence, and I guess I would be surprised to see one.  However,
I can say that I do know of three attorneys at LEGO who know about the site
and what it contains, two of whom have known about it for at least 26 months.
So I would be extremely shocked if there were any crack-downs.  LEGO seems to
be taking a live-and-let-live style of approach.  It's helping them and it's
not really getting in their way, so they let it slide.  (That's my
interpretation.)

--Todd