 Off-Topic / Debate / 6542
Re: Look what I found in the comics section!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 17:51:47 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Frank Filz writes:
[...] (but you don't lose a copyright just because you don't protect it,
it's just going to be hard proving damages from someone who you knew was
violating your copyright that you chose not to pursue). [...]

IANAL, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was some kind of
time span of 3 years that figured in somewhere, something to the effect that
if someone _knew_ you were violating their copyright for three years and
didn't do anything, then they lost a lot of ground.  This is just from memory
and I'm not even sure if it was USC, but something rings a bell there w.r.t.
some kind of 3-year timeout thingie.

--Todd