 Publishing / 2399
Re: Picture piracy on lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:45:37 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Gary Istok writes:
Steve,
I believe some people are looking into it.  This involves a pilgrimage to
Enfield Connecticut.  But I'll let them discuss it when they return.

Gary Istok

An update of sorts:
I was the one who made the pilgrimage, and the other parties who would have
come unfortunately weren't able to make it.  Their legal dept (I met with the
intellectual property lawyer) is very aware and very concerned with this
issue.  As BradJ said last Sunday, they're working on revamping lego.com.
They're looking to impliment safeguards to prevent this sort of thing in the
future.  They're looking for ideas and suggestions on how to prove that a
model is original, though, so if you do have ideas, send em to
legodirect@lego.com.

If you read some of my recent comments in dear-lego, I've talked about the
rest of the visit as it pertains to LD.  I've talked about the model shop
visit in .cad where we're discussing progress in LCAD stuff (I was able to
inquire about their CAD system).  I'll be posting many pictures later on, when
I get to my dorm and have the fast connection.  Then I'll give a brief on the
tour and visit in general :)

-Tim