 Publishing / 2337
RE: Project proposal: Seven Wonders of the LEGO World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:05:19 GMT

Todd Lehman writes:
Who's ready for a challenging and fun group project?!

I'm lookin' at the new LUGNET homepage and thinkin' that we oughtta
have a special area which captures the spirit, imagination, and
dedication of LEGO builders and wraps it up in a Nice Neat Package
with a Bowtie -- something for outsiders, naysayers, friends, family, > • employers, journalists, and people trapped in a LEGO blackout or
dark-age.  Something to sweep the world off its feet!

I always said the homepage needed some great pics, and this could add them.
Sounds like a great idea!  If you got more than seven pages (and to leave
room for additional stuff), you could always rotate this archive
spotlight...[1]  I'm too tired right now to think of any other suggestions,
but they're bound to come :)

I can't spend much time on this, but I'll definitely be able to
help get the web area established and running for this.  That is,
if people are interested.

Unfortunately, this might be the case for many people...that they can't
submit lots of time to the effort.  However, considering the size of the
community, it might be possible to have everyone interested in contributing
a bit (leading to movie-length credits :) sign up somewhere and indicate a
general interest.  Then, tasks would be divided/assigned.  After write-ups
and pics came in, proofing volunteers could make sure that everything was up
to par and piece it all together.  Thanks for reading my rambles,
--Bram

1) Which gives me another idea...why not have the Cool LEGO Site of the Week
show two pages: The actual site of the week, and a randomly chosen past
pick?  That would give newbies (and those of us who have forgotten great
stuff we've seem) an easier way to see what the community has produced
without browsing through the entire list of past pics.  If you had the time,
you could also update the write-up to include new and interesting tidbits.

Bram Lambrecht
BXL34@po.cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/