 Publishing / 2342
Re: Project proposal: Seven Wonders of the LEGO World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:48:28 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:
Who's ready for a challenging and fun group project?!

I'm lookin' at the new LUGNET homepage and thinkin' that we oughtta have a
special area which captures the spirit, imagination, and dedication of LEGO
builders and wraps it up in a Nice Neat Package with a Bowtie -- something
for outsiders, naysayers, friends, family, employers, journalists, and people
trapped in a LEGO blackout or dark-age.  Something to sweep the world off its
feet!

By "Seven Wonders" I mean seven very different and _really truly amazing_
creations -- things that knock your socks off even if you're not a True
Believer in The LEGO Way.  :-)

OK I hope you don't mind me showing my colors but how about the NELUG Star Wars
Display.  Particularly this picture:

http://www.troy.simplenet.com/lego/mindfest/images/dscn1014.JPG

This is by far my favorite picture of what I consider one of the best Non-train
group projects set for public display.  If that doesn't blow a large number of
people away I don't know what will.

Don't get me wrong I thought the NELUG castle display was great and extremely
cool but this knocks me off my feet.

Other suggestions would include:

Ben Fleskes' Millenium Falcon
Lots of Castle Stuff
Lots of Town Stuff
Maybe some Brikwars Displays

<snip>

I can't spend much time on this, but I'll definitely be able to help get the
web area established and running for this.  That is, if people are interested.

Unfortunately I don't have much time to spend on this either although if
someone needs contacts for the NELUG related stuff I can certainly help getting
permission from the participants.

Great Idea,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group