 Pirates / 626
Re: Lindsay's Navy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 06:10:21 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Richard Parsons wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote

obNeatThingsI'mGettingAndDoing:  I won a couple of eBay auctions, and I'm • getting
an Imperial Flagship hull and a Caribbean Clipper hull to add to the BSB • hull I
got last week and the RBR I have awaiting assembly in the basement!  :) • Things
are looking pretty darn rosy for my retro-shipbuilding.  In related news, • I'm
considering beginning a first-generation European ironclad (a la the French • ship
Gloire, c. 1860, and HMS Warrior a year later).  However it may be mostly • black so
I'm not sure how it will photograph...

You're turning me green.

Well, the IF hull is going to turn him green until he has a chance to
soak it in a cleaning solution (the eBay seller he won it from has
really nice lots, unfortuanately someone in her household smokes like a
chimney, I usually have to get the packing straight out to the trash to
restore my capability to breathe in my apartment after opening a package
from her).

Lindsay,

Just remember to take the screws out of the bow and stern before soaking
them. Mike Walsh mentions that a diluted solution of Pine-Sol works, and
takes only an hour or so (I wouldn't leave LEGO parts in such a solution
overnight though).

Thanks for the tips--I may very well do this, now that I've been officially
warned.  :)  However, my mother smokes like a chimney, so I'm somewhat inured to
it--most of my LEGO either has never been in her house, though, or it's been out
so long that it doesn't smell of smoke much.  Either way, I'll definitely keep
this in mind.  Just so long as you're not suggesting diluted bleach or
acetone..."arrrr! me hull be meltin' fast!"

I'm looking forward to it, though.  (And I have some pine-sol in the closet, it's
"mountain spring" or somesuch, so it'll be a fresh and delightful Imperial
Flagship!)

best

Lindsay