 Pirates / 630
Re: Lindsay's Navy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:34:56 GMT

"Arrr, me ship be smellin' fresh as a baby's bottom!"

--

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
www.theforce.net |  Your Daily Dose of Star Wars

Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message

Frank Filz wrote:

Richard Parsons wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote

obNeatThingsI'mGettingAndDoing:  I won a couple of eBay auctions, and • I'm
getting
an Imperial Flagship hull and a Caribbean Clipper hull to add to the • BSB
hull I
got last week and the RBR I have awaiting assembly in the basement! • :)
Things
are looking pretty darn rosy for my retro-shipbuilding.  In related • news,
I'm
considering beginning a first-generation European ironclad (a la the • French
ship
Gloire, c. 1860, and HMS Warrior a year later).  However it may be • mostly
black so
I'm not sure how it will photograph...

You're turning me green.

Well, the IF hull is going to turn him green until he has a chance to
soak it in a cleaning solution (the eBay seller he won it from has
really nice lots, unfortuanately someone in her household smokes like a
chimney, I usually have to get the packing straight out to the trash to
restore my capability to breathe in my apartment after opening a package
from her).

Lindsay,

Just remember to take the screws out of the bow and stern before soaking
them. Mike Walsh mentions that a diluted solution of Pine-Sol works, and
takes only an hour or so (I wouldn't leave LEGO parts in such a solution
overnight though).

Thanks for the tips--I may very well do this, now that I've been • officially
warned.  :)  However, my mother smokes like a chimney, so I'm somewhat • inured to
it--most of my LEGO either has never been in her house, though, or it's • been out
so long that it doesn't smell of smoke much.  Either way, I'll definitely • keep
this in mind.  Just so long as you're not suggesting diluted bleach or
acetone..."arrrr! me hull be meltin' fast!"

I'm looking forward to it, though.  (And I have some pine-sol in the • closet, it's
"mountain spring" or somesuch, so it'll be a fresh and delightful Imperial
Flagship!)

best

Lindsay