 Pirates / 621
Re: Baldly going (was Re: Ship's Wheels for Trade)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:06:12 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote in message <38AB9C9A.6104C9B0@pilot.msu.edu>...

Richard Parsons
Still boldly going.....

Didn't that used to read "still baldly going?"  I always thought it was a • humorous
statement on the folicular affliction I seem to have.  :)

Mmmm, still is.

I occasionally use the browser to post the odd note or two, and since I
haven't noticed the browser interface supporting sigs, I have to type it
(pish tash).  It is indeed a bending of the most famous split infinitive of
all time, which I've used for about twelve years, but even so, if I get
distracted while typing it, by say, the work I should have been doing, my
unconscious (which is very bright, but has no time for sophistry or humour)
tends to type the original source.

So you got it boldly.

Make no mistake, while I do go boldly from time to time, I go baldly all the
time.

It might be some sort of over supply of the male hormone (I doubt that's
true, but I like it anyway) but the best explanation I've heard is that
<<insert you favourite supreme being here>> uses hair to cover up the heads
he doesn't like, and he's changing his mind about mine ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/
Note the change in URL - Port Block is moving (to new and larger
accommodations)
Do adjust your set.

(See, I'm using the newsgroup interface now, so you get the grand sig :-)