 Pirates / 4550 (-20)
  Corsair 'Adroit Main'

Ahoy! Another vessel from the current shipbuilding frenzy at Port Brique shipyards, the lateen rigged Adroit Main: (URL) (More pics (URL) here> post moderation). The Adroit Main is an experiment in using the ten-wide bow pieces, an exotic rig on a (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Merchant Brig 'Nonlibre Billet'

I like it just because of the unorthodox color and plate-built masts. David (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New Ship for His Majesty's Navy

(...) Hi Christopher! Some good work here. I like the lookout, and especially love the different custom designs you used for the cannon and carronades. Also, thank you for the historical write up. I always enjoy that sort of supplement. Thanks for (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HMS Inevitable

(...) Yeah, I've been out of the loop, but I do get the impression that my old lugnet haunts get a lot less traffic these days, now that theme-focused forums are on other sites too. (I personally still like it here; maybe it's a generation gap (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: HMS Inevitable

(...) Holy moley--five months without a comment?!? Outrageous! I'm always impressed by Pirate-era MOCs, in large part because I have close to zero skill when it comes to building boats. The Inevitable is a fine looking vessel with a lot of (...) (17 years ago, 7-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Merchant Brig 'Nonlibre Billet'

Nice little ship. I assume they are carrying the finest wines and cheeses. I like the lines of the bow. There is something charming about the forecastle. Although when looking at the bow-on view I was reminded of the sloping front of CSS Virginia (...) (17 years ago, 7-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Merchant Brig 'Nonlibre Billet'

(...) They got rid of my 26 lb of Hg that I had at work...apparently, it is toxic or some such? (...) Several train weights...or rolls of Pennies. Speaking as one with experience of boats floating the wrong way up... James Powell (17 years ago, 7-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Merchant Brig 'Nonlibre Billet'

--snip-- (...) Maybe you need to install a mercury bath. It may be viscous and dense enough to support the boat. (...) Perhaps a train weight would help. (...) Well it seemed more apt than portside. (...) Perhaps you could try a sailing vessel of a (...) (17 years ago, 6-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Merchant Brig 'Nonlibre Billet'

(...) It probably depends on the liquid on which one tries to float it. Though I haven't tested it on water, I am pretty sure that it won't float, unless one broadens the definition of float to include 'sinking more slowly than expected'. But even (...) (17 years ago, 6-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Merchant Brig 'Nonlibre Billet'

(...) Hi Richie, Am I currect in thinking this can float? If so I think a lot of leeway can be given for the rest of it. I agree it's not quite up to your usual high standard but I'm sure the version 2 will do justice to your aims and goals. (...) (17 years ago, 6-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Merchant Brig 'Nonlibre Billet'

Ahoy, Something different from the shipyards of Port Brique (and something that didn't work out quite as well as planned either), the merchant brig Nonlibre Billet. (URL) More pics are (URL) here>, post moderation. It'll probably get a rebuild at (...) (17 years ago, 6-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX) !

  New Ship for His Majesty's Navy

Folks, While waiting for enough capital to finish the main deck of the Surprise, I decided to retool an old set and build a two masted sloop of war. The photos can be view at the following link. (URL) sloops could range from one to three masts and (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.pirates)

  Bilges

Folks, I am still diligently working on my HMS Surprise, and have reached a quandry. How to make the bilges. I have a few ideas that I was thinking of making up and posting if I have time. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be endebted. (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

(...) Look really good. The lantern is a nice touch. (18 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

Folks, I have modified my gunboat by taking your suggestions and expanding her a little bit. I placed a larger gun on her bow, raised the Coxswain up so he is a little taller than the oarsmen and I added a lantern off of the mast like one I saw in a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: New Member Intro and Gunboat

Folks, I have modified my gunboat by taking your suggestions and expanding her a little bit. I placed a larger gun on her bow, raised the Coxswain up so he is a little taller than the oarsmen and I added a lantern off of the mast like one I saw in a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: 10179: Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon™

(...) Not forgetting (from (URL) this pic>): Tall, thin ratlines in light grey! Cheers Richie Dulin FUT .pirates (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Custom Pirate Ship builder???

On ebay not to long ago I saw a custom Lego Pirate Ship. In fact I'm pretty sure that I even went to a website for the builder. For the life of me I cannot find it again. Anyone know who that may be??? I give up trying to locate the pieces and find (...) (18 years ago, 11-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates)

  Gunboat and Fort Ticonderoga

Elroy, I have had the fortune to work with the folks at the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum and at Fort Ticonderoga. In addition I had to build the bow of the Philadelphia for a film project I worked on this fall and will be finishing with the film (...) (18 years ago, 11-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Canon Story

(...) No, I still haven't strayed into the pirate MOCing world (unfortunately). When I do I'll probably try and come up with something... God Bless, Nathan (URL) (18 years ago, 10-Feb-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact