 Pirates / 4543
Re: Merchant Brig 'Nonlibre Billet'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 23:50:13 GMT

--snip--

   Am I currect in thinking this can float?

It probably depends on the liquid on which one tries to float it. Though I haven’t tested it on water, I am pretty sure that it won’t float, unless one broadens the definition of float to include ‘sinking more slowly than expected’.

Maybe you need to install a mercury bath. It may be viscous and dense enough to support the boat.

   But even if it did float, it would do so upside down. :-(

Perhaps a train weight would help.

   If so I think a lot of leeway can be given for the rest of it.

Ha ha! Excellent use of the nautical term ‘leeway’.

Well it seemed more apt than portside.

   I agree it’s not quite up to your usual high standard but I’m sure the version 2 will do justice to your aims and goals.

I think, ultimately, this hull is unlikely to produce a ‘great’ sailing vessel (wrong shape, wrong proportions), also the other design limitations I used for the Nonlibre Billet do limit the appearance significantly (though some of these can be addressed).

Perhaps you could try a sailing vessel of a different era or building style?

   Spotlighted!

Why thank you! It is always a pleasure to have a moc spotlighted by someone of your building ability.

And it is always a pleasure to spotlight someone of your building ability.

   Cheers

Richie Dulin

Tim