 Pirates / 3902
Re: her majesty's new sloop! HMS Tempest has arrived!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 01:46:35 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:

   You’ve probably seen my carronade design (here, with some other light guns), but it may be too large.

I really like your guns, I might have to use some. If it’s one thing I need way more of, it’s guns. They are just too expensive for me now on eBay. I’ve been fooling around with some ideas for guns, but i’ve only really come up with two good ones.

A ships boat is always difficult to fit in (and should not generally be hung over the stern, as I tend to do!), but a rowboat or two on deck would look the part.

Another thing I need is some more rowboats, but I have enough for now I guess. I just added to my biggest ship (which I have yet to take new pictures of and post) a way of lowering two boats into the water. I don’t really like it that well, but it works. The main reason I don’t like it is because it sticks out too far from the side of the ship. Oh well. I’ll make sure I take pictures of it soon. I’ve been neglecting my LEGO stuff lately because I’ve been working on a research paper for school, but it’s due tomorrow and I finished it at about 4:00 today, so I don’t have to worry about it anymore. :)

Have I mentioned recently that this is truly the golden age of .pirates?

Yes, you have. I’ll have some more stuff on the way soon. I’m gonna wait for some eBay orders to get here before I redo my town. I had one attempt at a raised part on the town, but it didn’t turn out well, so I’m gonna replan that. I do have to take more pictures of ships in the meantime though. Maybe I’ll do some tomorrow, but I won’t promise.

Daniel Yuhas