 Pirates / 3805
Re: A few of my creations.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:21:03 GMT

"Roy Riggs" <rriggs@edgenet.com> wrote in message
news:043f01c427b9$928ec680$d10fa8c0@rriggs...

I've been wanting to build a spider themed ship for quite a while, and I
first intended the webs to be the rope ladders, but that didn't work out • as
planned, so I used one as a flag, two as windows, and 4 as nets covering • the
bottom
deck where the cannons are. I finally got to build a spider ship after I
found two Aragog in the Dark Forest sets for $4 each on clearance at
wal-mart. It has 2 big cannons and 2 little cannons on the front that can
swivel around. I
like using parts from space sets and town sets in Pirate creations and
seeing if I can make them look good. An example of that is the crow's • nest.
It is made of a big space tire. I don't have the rigging on it, but I • should
get it on >there soon. I'll take more pictures of it when I do and put • them
in my brickshelf portfolio. The ship is called The Black Widower. I think
the figurehead is my favorite part.

Awesome!!!!  This is so cool!

I'll add a me too!

What would be neat is to make sails from the spider webs. I'll have to try
that. Need to do something with all those webs I've got from all the copies
of Aragog in the Dark Forest I got...

Frank