 Pirates / 3795
3794  |  3796
Subject:
A few of my creations.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 03:03:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've been coming to this site for a long time and reading, and I've posted a few
times, but I have never shared my Pirate models with anyone except a few people
from FBTB over AIM. I uploaded my latest ship to my brickshelf portfolio as well
as a lighthouse I just made yesterday when I was bored.

I've been wanting to build a spider themed ship for quite a while, and I first
intended the webs to be the rope ladders, but that didn't work out as planned,
so I used one as a flag, two as windows, and 4 as nets covering the bottom deck
where the cannons are. I finally got to build a spider ship after I found two
Aragog in the Dark Forest sets for $4 each on clearance at wal-mart. It has 2
big cannons and 2 little cannons on the front that can swivel around. I like
using parts from space sets and town sets in Pirate creations and seeing if I
can make them look good. An example of that is the crow's nest. It is made of a
big space tire. I don't have the rigging on it, but I should get it on there
soon. I'll take more pictures of it when I do and put them in my brickshelf
portfolio. The ship is called The Black Widower. I think the figurehead is my
favorite part.

I built this lighthouse yesterday. I found a bunch of canisters full of 100
bricks each at Kroger's a week or so ago when I was visiting my aunt. They were
$1.50 each, so I got 10 of them. I was really interested in the lids of the
canisters. they looked like large LEGO pieces with a big stud that said LEGO on
the top. I wanted to use one for a lighthouse roof. So when I got home, I did.
I know I may get shunned for this, but I used glow in the dark Megabloks pieces
for the light. I like them. The lighthouse didn't turn out as good as I was
picturing in my head, but it's pretty good in my opinion. It just looks a little
juniorized like a little kid might have made it. Oh well, at least it's better
than my old lighthouse. That thing looked more like a striped mountain with a
light on top.
I'll probably add it to my port town when I redo the town. I'm gonna attempt to
make it much bigger. I'll take pictures of how it is currently and I'll take
pictures of it after I redo it.

Tell me what you think.

I'll add my other ships and all my little people and buildings and pictures of
the town soon. I'll do a few things each week and kind of spread the posting of
my stuff out.

Daniel