 Pirates / 3738
Re: Why the early end to 10040 Black Seas Barracuda?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:44:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Bill Vollbrecht wrote:

I would guess the main reason would be it isn't selling!
No matter how desired a product once was, eventually the
sales peter out (Hogwarts Castle for historical
reference).

Actually, I suspect that a product that *is* selling would
have a shorter availability.  My understanding (from reading
the press release about how well Hogwarts Castle did) is
that it is unusual for sets to go through multiple production
runs.  Presumably 10040 had one run which made as many copies
as TLC thought would sell over two years.  If it sold well,
those stocks would be depleted more quickly, but as a limited
release (S@H and Brand Retail only) it would not merit
another run unless sales were staggering.

TWS Garrison