 Pirates / 3535 (-20)
  Re: The Colonial Era

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. First it's Richie Dulin with the confounded French Navy, and now His Majesty's forces must deal with out own unhappy colonists! I say, it's getting to be a dangerous time to be a pro-Britain LEGO colony -- it really is! I (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Colonial Era

thanks for the replies everyone! I will try to get more pics up soon. (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Colonial Era

(...) Yes! That's it! Thanks for the links. (...) Well, I got the number of figures right - not much else, though. ;-) Adieu Richie Dulin (2 URLs) Port Brique Somewhere in the South Pacifique (2 URLs) Misérable Building a safer South Pacifique (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Colonial Era

(...) You're probably thinking of "Yankee Doodle", later known as the "Spirit of '76". You can see different versions (URL) here> and (URL) here>, though if I'm right, you got some of the details mixed up (so did I, and I grew up seeing a version of (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Colonial Era

(...) Nice work! (And it's always good to see someone beating the redcoats!). I'm not overly familiar with the Revolutionary War, but I recall an image of a bluecoated regular (carrying a flag), a fife player and a drummer... I'm not sure where it (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Lego Treasure Hunt

Dunno if this has been posted before, but I just finished beating the game (took about three tries, maybe a half hour or so of great fun). I'm not sure who made this, or if this is old news, but it's definitely worth taking a look. (URL) amount of (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates) !

  The Colonial Era

This year in school we are only going to 1800 in American History so I am beginning to build a Diorama of Williamsburg, Va <www.history.org> here is the first qroup of stuff. (URL) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Fore and aft rigged Orion!

(...) thank you, i like the way it came out. these pictures arent for showcasing the ship itself, just the new sails, you can see a folder of better pics of it if you search for my name under brickshelf. there are much better pics of it there. i (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fore and aft rigged Orion!

(...) yeah, my mistake :-) (...) LOL, thats bad! ;-) (...) steve (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Fore and aft rigged Orion!

(...) yeah, i was kind of worried that they wouldnt look right, but i think they came out okay, now when i look at it, i dont even really notice the difference anymore. (...) perhaps a gaff topsail, however, in my research, i have found that british (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Fore and aft rigged Orion!

I neglected to comment on this in my earlier reply... (...) No more farewells, eh? (Or perhaps I'm just making much adieu about nothing ;-) ) Ado ;-) Richie Dulin Black Pot (2 URLs) Port Brique Somewhere in the South Pacifique (2 URLs) Misérable (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Fore and aft rigged Orion!

(...) Hey Steve, I like your ship! I'm not wild about the sails between the two main masts though. I think should rethink those. I like the rest. It's a great looking vessel. You really packed those cannon in, didn't you? haha Expecting a fight? I (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fore and aft rigged Orion!

(...) Welcome to the dark side. (...) Nice work! The effect of horizontally striped sails is interesting. The gaffsail and the topmast staysail are effective, but the topgallant staysail just doesn't work for me... Perhaps now you're on the dark (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Fore and aft rigged Orion!

well, i decided to add more sails to my ship HMS Orion. that means that i had to *gasp* cut up lego my sails! oh well, the outcome i think is more than worth it. so, without further adieu, i give you the Orion under full sail, with square sails up, (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate Monkey Mech

Look out that Monkey took over that ship and remade it into a Battle Suit! Just the thing to take out the new renagade skelotons, arrrrrr. e (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.pirates)

  Pirate Monkey Mech

Hey all. I just completed my first ever Mech, its actually my first MOC that was not technic/robotic. I will try to get better pictures soon and an actuall webpage for it. It's raining here so I could not take the pics outside like I normally do. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Canoe Myth of .pirates

(...) i think that the lego Constellation looks "right" because it is such a small scale, that the finer detail dont always matter as much. for instance, it doesnt have the correct number of stays, ropes, etc, but because it is so small, these are (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Canoe Myth of .pirates Unmythified

(...) The later date explains the long/thin - though not canoeish ;-) - look. (...) I see - you didn't mention any change in the other number. (...) That may be true... but it strikes me as odd that I have not heard it remarked on before. But then, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Canoe Myth of .pirates Unmythified

(...) Okay...which Constellation are you refering to? And for that matter, which one is Lego refering to? You quoted the waterline of the original, but if you talking about the photos, those are of the second one built in 1854 (whose proportion is (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Canoe Myth of .pirates

(...) -snip- (...) Of course! (...) I've had a browse of www.constellation.org, and while I wouldn't describe the real constellation as canoeish, she does seem long, narrow, and fairly straight sided. (...) You've lost me there... how would using a (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact