 Pirates / 3523
Re: Fore and aft rigged Orion!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:44:32 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Stephen Rowe wrote:
   well, i decided to add more sails to my ship HMS Orion. that means that i had to *gasp* cut up lego my sails! oh well, the outcome i think is more than worth it.

Welcome to the dark side.

   so, without further adieu, i give you the Orion under full sail, with square sails up, and fore and aft sails flying!

LMKWYT!

Nice work! The effect of horizontally striped sails is interesting.

The gaffsail and the topmast staysail are effective, but the topgallant staysail just doesn’t work for me... Perhaps now you’re on the dark side, you could take the scissors to it and make a triangular topgallant staysail and a gaff tops’l?

Adieu

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique