 Pirates / 3385 (-20)
  Re: what makes us different?

(...) I agree that the BSB is the best, my BSB is still mostly intact (though the red gun port lids have been replaced by white ones... the red being needed elsewhere). My BSB is scheduled for a rebuild, to modernise it a bit - and upgun it alot. I (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: what makes us different?

(...) Hi all, Just a few thoughts from outside .pirates. There are some good points here, especially the first one. Right now, if I wanted to get into Pirate building there is only one set available from TLC, and that's at $90. While they're not (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: what makes us different?

(...) Big Snip! (...) Hi Guys, Nice Discussion! I agree with most of what's been said. I think that ship building requires that you adhere to certain accepted standards or people won't accept it as a ship! In space you can pretty much build anything (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: what makes us different?

(...) Hear Hear! great coverage of all the issues. you make some very powerful points. just to add my own to your thoughts: building ships is a challenge, the parts are relatively scarce, and when they do come up, they can be expensive. what puzzles (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: what makes us different?

(...) I reckon there are a few reasons: 1. Building decent ships is a challenge, and tends to involve some difficult to find parts. 2. There is less popular culture inspiration for piratic stuff than for space (or even castle or town). 3. There is a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  what makes us different?

as i have been surfing around other newsgroups, and searching brickshelf, i have come to the conclusion that there are very few good examples of sailing vessels from the era that we build for. DUH, you might say, which is true, but why is that so? i (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HML Brig Demand

(...) Much better than windows in fact. The windows turned out to be too tall, and so they've been redeployed to the next vessel. (...) Yes! It's a win/win arrangement. Particularly on smaller vessels, like the Demand, the lighter yards look better (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: HML Brig Demand

(...) Thanks! I am well pleased with how it turned out. It's not particularly sleek or flashy, but it does look graceful. (...) Slightly more than my wife is comfortable having around our house! And a chance to boast: 12 vessels (7 wide, 5 narrow) - (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: HML Brig Demand

(...) Veeery nice dude. Has a ring of authenticity about it. The fences as windows work surprisingly well across the stern. The simple yards are another cool expression (and suggest I could strip some of my heavier ones down in order to have enough (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: HML Brig Demand

(...) supply and demand. :-) (...) i like it! it has smooth lines, and a graceful appearance. there has been a lot of activity at Port Brique as of late how many ships do you have now?. do you have any pictures of your recent ships with their sails (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  HML Brig Demand

(URL) The third vessel of the Brikkish Squadron to arrive in Port Brique is the HMLBrig Demand. The Demand is sister ship to HM Brig Supply (the ship that founded Australia and the only brig in the first fleet). Check out more details and pics (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: 7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

(...) I could bring some sails. What are you looking for? James (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

(...) Sounds like a nice ship. I need to get several for the Pirate games at Gen Con (after a recent building spree I'm up to 19 cutters but am now out of sails). This ship sounds slightly larger than the ITP cutter, but not enough to affect the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

(...) Oops, my bad. 6-wide bow piece. The ship at it's widest is eight-studs. -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: 7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

(...) -snip- (...) Standard 8-wide boat piece? You do mean 6-wide, don't you? (Though 8-wide would be so much cooler!). -snip- (...) Sounds like a great little vessel. Cheers Richie Dulin (2 URLs) Port Brique Somewhere in the South Pacifique (2 (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

7416 Emperor's Ship, 175 pieces, Adventurer's Orient Expedition I found this at Toys R Us (TRU) for $19.95 - the Lugnet database listing shows it for $30, which I presume is incorrect. Despite going on a mad spree of Lego buying at TRU and the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Shooting Cannons vs. Non-shooting - What's the story?

(...) Lego still has projectiles - they all just got bigger (2x2 round, rubber tipped Technic dart). Apparently the 1x1 round was considered too likely to create an eye injury or cause some other inadvertent accident. Whether such an injury ever (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Shooting Cannons vs. Non-shooting - What's the story?

I'm sure this has been discussed at length before (I've read some of the posts and not found a conclusive answer). From what I read in some posts from early January, Lego doesn't sell shooting cannons in the US for liability reasons (something about (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  HML Cutter Delusion

(URL) Yet another new vessel in Port Brique! (And more to come, too.) The Cutter Delusion, under the command of Alex P Hornriker, has joined the multitude of vessels in Port Brique's harbour. Read about it (and see the other pics) (URL) here>. (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: A day sail from Port Brique

(...) those are pretty cool, and they are more realistic than their lego counterparts. (...) hey, if no one thought outside the box, where would we be? (...) Blasphemy!!!! (much finger pointing!) ;-) (...) i agree, one is very limited by the size (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact