 Pirates / 3379
Re: HML Brig Demand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 05:18:39 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:

The third vessel of the Brikkish Squadron to arrive in Port Brique is the HMLBrig Demand.

The Demand is sister ship to HM Brig Supply (the ship that founded Australia - and the only brig in the first fleet).

Check out more details and pics here.

Veeery nice dude. Has a ring of authenticity about it. The fences as windows work surprisingly well across the stern.

Much better than windows in fact. The windows turned out to be too tall, and so they’ve been redeployed to the next vessel.

   The simple yards are another cool expression (and suggest I could strip some of my heavier ones down in order to have enough to make more :-)

Yes! It’s a win/win arrangement. Particularly on smaller vessels, like the Demand, the lighter yards look better (and are roughtly the correct shape). I haven’t stripped the larger vessels yet, though.

   As always, you’re extending the maritime envelope.

Thanks!

Cheers

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique