 Pirates / 3380
3379  |  3381
Subject:
what makes us different?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:51:43 GMT

as i have been surfing around other newsgroups, and searching brickshelf, i have
come to the conclusion that there are very few good examples of sailing vessels
from the era that we build for. DUH, you might say, which is true, but why is
that so? i surf over to the space forum and in the course of a few days, one may
read many new posts about new MOC's. in space, the main model to build is a
spaceship, be it fighter, carrier, destroyer, etc, and there are dozens of
examples of these on brickshelf. why are pirate fans not posting as many
creations? (besides that the spacers have more people) are we not as creative? i
think not. so, what makes us different from them? are ships just more difficult
to build good examples of? are they more time consuming? what is it, and why do
we not have as many creations floating around?

okay, tirade over. :-)

thanks
steve