 Pirates / 3386
Re: what makes us different?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:46:29 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tom Reed wrote:
   Hi Guys, Nice Discussion! I agree with most of what’s been said. I think that ship building requires that you adhere to certain accepted standards or people won’t accept it as a ship! In space you can pretty much build anything and claim it to be a space ship. But we don’t really have the same freedom in building pirate ships.

That’s a large part of why I like building .pirate’s stuff. It is a challenge, but it’s rewarding. I was pleased when Kenneth Tam commented that the Eponine II “seems to have the smooth lines typical of a French frigate” or when challenged about the wheel location on the Misérable I could explain that not only was it correct, but why it was located thus on the real thing.

   I too have noticed that pirate stuff sells extremely well on ebay, but you don’t see that much stuff being built. I think it may be that people (like me) don’t find the time to post their creations. Maybe it’s the pirate mentality that makes us more secretive in our work! haha I wish I could offer a solution to seeing more pirate MOCs, but I don’t have one. I really enjoy lurking and seeing what does get posted. I will try to help by posting more stuff in the future!

I’ll look forward to it.

   Keep up the good work and the interesting discussions! Pirates Rule!!

I have to disagree here: Pirates rule?

Surely you mean the properly-constituted-navies-of-civilised-nations-and-particularly-the-French rule!! :-)

Cheers

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique