 Pirates / 3433
Re: HML Brig Demand, Revenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:20:14 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam wrote:
   Well I’ve saved this post to last, as rightly or wrongly, I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for Port Brique –– now especially that British ships are putting into harbor.

And what marvelous little ships, too -- Demand is incredible, I must say! What ship did you pattern her on? Looks very British indeed... at this late hour the quality can best be described as ineffible –– it just smacks of Royal Navy character.

Revenge is a fantastic little ship too, though I am rather concerned that Port Brique is selling its splendid ships to known pirates... :-)

That was an adminstrative oversight. You know French beaurocracy....

Interestingly, the Royal Navy has just hung a ‘For Sale’ sign on the HMLS Intractable. With a bigger British Flagship due in the South Pacific soon, they find the Sloop-of-war surplus to requirements.

Learning from the French, the Brikkish are vetting potential buyers very closely.

   Then again, I’ve built schooners for privateers... and now I’m in the middle of building an outport town-fort for them...

Sounds promising.

   Port Brique remains a leader in ship building. One is left to ask ‘what next?’ and wait expectantly!

The HMLS Frivolous (1), a sixth rater (four centre sections), is due within the next couple of months. She is destined to be the Brikkish Flagship in the South Pacific.

   Great stuff, as ever.

Thanks

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique

   Misérable
Building a safer South Pacifique

(1)
   Australians may spot the origin of the Frivolous name - and I’m sure the Governer of Port Block will. Her captain is Phil Arthur - if that helps at all.